What is the Waves Platform?
The Waves Platform was launched in November of 2016 as a decentralised network. It allowed developers to build on the platform making use of smart contracts. The project gained traction when it announced a new partnership with Deloitte as a way to provide a clear framework for companies’ operation.
How to create a Waves wallet
Sign up for a free Coindirect account and you will automatically get a free Waves online wallet. You can use your Waves wallet to buy, sell, store, send (withdraw) and receive (deposit) WAVES.
How to create a Waves address
Once you have signed up for a free Coindirect account all you need to do is press the ‘Receive’ button to reveal your Coindirect Waves wallet address.
How to buy Waves with a credit card
- Sign up for a free Coindirect account.
- Find your Waves Wallet and click the ‘Buy’ button in your Waves Wallet.
- Select “New VISA Card (EUR)” or “New credit card (NGN)” if you are in Nigeria.
- Enter EUR value of Waves you want to purchase (more than the minimum limit) or the Waves amount you want to buy and then click ‘Preview Buy’.
- You will receive a quote, press ‘confirm’ before the timer runs out (counts down from 55 seconds).
- Type in your credit card details and pay.
- You will be taken to a page to verify your transaction.
- Finally, you will be redirected back to your Coindirect Wallet once the payment is successful.
How do I purchase Waves from my bank account?
If you are in South Africa or in Europe in a SEPA country you can deposit ZAR and EUR into your Coindirect ZAR Wallet or Euro Wallet respectively.